CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 01, 2010

Routine versus Uncertainty


A few years back, I’d scoff at those unfortunate souls who can do nothing but repeat college all over again. Little did I know, it wasn’t a simple equation. There were underlying factors that contributed to the mindset.

For 10 years, we’re contented with following routine because it’s concrete and safe. We’re secured in a way that we know what we’re doing. It’s for our future and nothing is easier than following a set of rule.

When we graduate, however, we are left with nothing but uncertainty. We have to decide on our own on what we want to do for the rest of our lives. Of course, the first step is to make money but now we are faced with the question of how. How do we make money? Do we apply for a job or rob a bank? Do we continue milking the cows that brought us to this Earth or do we break borders and go farther than where we currently stand?

Now that I’m on the verge of graduating, of starting a new page in my life, with countless variables looming on the horizon, I empathize with the rest of my peers. Truly, it is more of a battle between routine and uncertainty.

Fortunately, for me, next year has already been set.

† Jofer

0 critiques: