CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Nothing Like a Good Cup of Joe


A few nights ago, Essays.ph contacted me saying that I had passed the first part of the application screening. For the second part, I was to write an applicant sample article. Either that or I travel to Makati for an interview. Since I obviously couldn't do the latter, I made do with the former and spent two days brainstorming on what to write. Finally, I finished an article of 600+ words. My article was initially 1,119 words and the instructions said I only need to write around 500 words but I decided to go with it since I couldn't think of anything else better to pass the second phase with.

True Blood found me this morning and once again seduced me to its nest of sex, blood and violence. A few days ago, I started reading Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris, which loosely inspired the first season but essentially inspired the entire tv series. I just heard they were done with Season 2, which I have yet to begin watching, and were already working with the third season. Season 4 is in the planning phase as well. I just read the summaries for each episode of Season 2. Looks like things are going to be heavily supernatural.

Horror, as far as I'm concerned, is a tricky thing to write, mainly because you have to elicit fear from your readers. On the other hand, they say that anything with death and supernatural or psychological hell makes for something that belongs to the genre.

I'm now stuck in a creative rut for VDDC, my attempt at a sugarcoated horror novel, after staring at it for a few hours and thinking to myself, "Wow. This is fucking cheesy."

I'm in desperate need of the writer bug. I might steal True Blood 2's recipe of intertwined story-telling with 2-3 subplots thrown in the mix. VDDC is absolutely weak with its one plot. It reads poorly, as of this time, and I have yet to write anything aside from the flimsy Chapter One. Wish me luck!

Pepe Out!

† Jofer

0 critiques: