CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Sister, The College Student


I made a special appearance last night at my sister's graduation. Okay, it's not really special since I was bound to attend the event no matter what. The whole thing reminded me of my own high school graduation in quick flashbacks. Two of the Bulilit Boys, my posse since high school, were also there last night: Jed Fegarido and Miguel Antonio Sulangi. Both had their siblings graduating so it was inevitable. I also saw Rikka Formaran, Stephanie Policarpio, Zionie May Sabino and Joi Isturis - the latter three were like little sisters to me. Rikka was a big sister. 'Nuff said.

The Regional Science High School for Region VI upped their game this year, compared to our graduation (we had no yearbooks and no photo slideshow tributes by year) which was lackluster in comparison. I couldn't expect nothing new since they had a new principal, which means a new way of doing things. Sir Jerry Oquendo, the Regional Math Supervisor, graced the event with his presence as the guest speaker. He was an old teacher at the institution and I was in his class a few years ago.

The most retarded part was when a group of alumni (kids really) started yelling during Sir Oque's speech. They yelled in excitement, which was more gibberish than anything actually, where everyone was already listening intently. It was a clear show of misguidance, probably because they miss the attention, and not at all respect. In fact, it faintly reminded anyone of respect. As faint as the chances of me getting a million-dollar job anytime this year.

I assumed responsibility as my mom and sister's photographer, which proved to be hard with an old camera, until my aunt finally arrived with her daughter and son. Khalleen had a huge headache midway. From 1:00 pm, we ended the show in about 7:00. Yes, it was that long. I couldn't even stop myself from poking fun, practicing my blue comedy, in the expense of the valedictorian and the girl in a pink zombie shirt. How dare she combine two of my most favorite things in a political backdraft?

We ended the day with dinner in Mang Inasal (yay, free rice!) and then an unscheduled photoshoot in the town plaza.

The moon was full and there were no vampires. Just my luck, eh?

In other news, I finally submitted my resume the day before my sister's graduation. Now I'll just wait after the Holy Week to hear from them. Good luck to me!

Pepe Out!

† Jofer

0 critiques: