CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Batan Visit



Earlier today, I was at Batan to attend a family friend's wedding. It felt unscripted, mainly because no one told anyone what they had to do. So we mostly just winged it. It was fun that way. Even though it was so freaking hot that I felt my kidney getting roasted to a yummy crisp, I had one hell of a good time laughing at myself, my cousins and some other guys for looking so lost in something so familiar. My seatmates reeked of body odor though so it wasn't all pleasant.


After the wedding, we headed for the couples' house to eat. I went home bloated and sleepy. We had to cancel my cousin's plan to visit Latte and drink some more coffee because we all felt too buzzed to even walk around in the dreary Philippine heat.


We left home at around 7 am, arrived at the church at around a quarter to 10, left the church to eat at the reception at around 11 am and then went home a few minutes just after 12. 


It was my first time to go to Batan, especially near the Poblacion which was very crowded and where the road was narrow enough to run over greasemonkeys. The bamboo trees were cool. In some areas of the road, they bridged together over the car making it all shady and cozy. 


I also found some interesting things about the town like for example, it turns out I've got family there in Batan - the Silverio, the Maraingan and the Flogio. My mom used to stay there when she was just a little girl and she even attended grade school in Batan. She had a joyful time reminiscing about her childhood on the way to the church. 


Tomorrow, we plan on returning for the couples' baby's baptismal. The good part is that I won't have to wear a suit for it (I wore a pink one earlier, which was gay but still sexy). After the ceremony, I'll go fishing. 


Yeah. I'm really excited right now I can't even sleep. I am gonna fish me some damn fine carp and eat it too. 


Pepe Out!


† Jofer

0 critiques: