CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 22, 2010

The Economical Writer

Let's face it, I can't sell anything at this age. As much as I'd like to be a successful published author by next week, that can never happen. So, given that I have a choice between an early cash flow or expensive books to study, I'd choose the money.

It's not the end of my writing career (lol?). It's far from it. It's just a sizable insurance because I know, for a fact, that a writer's life will be an impoverished one - except if you're already rich and you want to live the rest of your life milking the cows that gave birth to you. No, sir, I do not want to buy my own family out of a house and the shirts on their back.

I'm still young, very actually, so this investment will not be for nothing. I will not abandon my passion. Instead, I'll put it off for a couple of years - say, three - to save enough resources for its sustenance. We can say that strategy's over-used but it's heckuva smart. Besides, I'm not going to be far from my beloved language and literature.

Next year will be fun!

† Jofer

0 critiques: