CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Farewell Address

So I've decided to finally move back to © Jofer Serapio but not without a few personal disciplinary measures in mind.

First, I have to promise myself that I won't start blogging excessively again and with that I thought of only updating this site on Saturday nights, when I have less real life work to do and more time for intellectual laziness.

Second, I have to be more organized. I don't need to have tons of categories on my blog. Just two or three will do, hopefully. Personal posts, Archived posts, Prose posts and Poetry posts should do fine. If it gets down to it, Prose and Poetry categories can even be combined to form the Literature category. I've also made up my mind that this new version of © Jofer Serapio will be focused on my semi-awesome adventures in the world of literature.

And finally, I have to allot the time and effort for this latest incarnation of my literary thoughts. No more lazy put-offs for this writer. If it has to be done, it will be done. That's what an old friend usually says.

This account will be sorely missed but not without reason. My Blogger had been my sanctuary when I fled Wordpress for personal and artistic reasons. Blogger had been more welcoming and it is more inclined to simplistic value while my respect for the intricacy of the other blog site would not permit me to write entries that I didn't see fit for it. As obvious as it is, I've been writing random and lackadaisical posts in here. Most of them have been lovey-dovey and less have been related to literature.

As an aspiring author, a horror and macabre novelist and a budding literary theorist, I have to keep true to my chosen path. In my pursuit for excellence and intellectual growth, I must stop at nothing to become the best that I can be.

So with a heavy heart but a determined soul, I leave this place, not entirely because I don't want to forget all of it, and return to my old home, a little more mature and little less disturbed.

Thank you, Khalleen.

† Jofer

0 critiques: